Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Walter Meego, Civil War Sequicentennial

Graffiti reads "Keep out"
The album of the day today is Walter Meego's WONDERVALLEY. When I buckled up this morning and hit play on my iPhone "Magic Eye" came on and the anxiety of only having one full album on my iPhone faded right away. Justin Sconza's vocal vascillation between relaxed verse and driving chorus put my mind at ease as I battled heavy mid day traffic and recalcitrant clients. The album is wrought with heavy distortion and synth accompaniment, however it is absolutely not your average synth pop album. Walter Meego ventures outside the confines of what you would expect from a lineup of young guys with keyboards. Their sound is very complex and well developed. "Magic Eye" is wistful and energetic, while "From California" has a completely different intimate and timid feel to it, rounding out the album with an end that in no way resembles the beginning. There is no lack of diversity on WONDERVALLEY. The contrast from track to track kept my mind wandering all day, enough so that I found myself distracted by the southern scenery as I navigated from place to place. 



www.waltermeego.com  - it's FREE!
Best Consumed with:  Work to do, Bustle






In the spirit of the 150th anniversary of the Civil War that is keeping the deep south abuzz this week, here is a picture of the sun shining on some ruins outside of Fort Moultrie on Sullivan's Island that I stumbled upon today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers